Critical technologies for the offshore wind farm of the Future
Deadline: 30 March 2023
Project results are expected to contribute to all the following outcomes:
- Improved performance of offshore wind turbines and efficient use of marine space.
- Reinforced European offshore wind turbine value chain, supporting local companies and creating local jobs and skills.
- Reduce the possible impacts of offshore wind turbines on protected species and habitats.
- Reduced use of primary raw materials and reduced dependency on scarce raw materials.
- Reduction of LCOE and increased sustainability.
The projects should exploit improved understanding of the issues related to materials in the upscaling of wind energy turbines/systems;
The transition of the energy system will rely on reducing the overall energy demand and making the energy supply side climate neutral, in current and future climate conditions.
The expected impact, in line with the Strategic Plan, is to contribute to “More efficient, clean, sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply through new solutions for smart grids and energy systems based on more performant renewable energy solutions”.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!