https://progressoconsulting.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Senza-titolo-2-300x133.png 0 0 progress https://progressoconsulting.eu/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Senza-titolo-2-300x133.png progress2023-03-08 18:35:432023-03-08 18:35:45Testing and demonstrating transformative solutions to build resilience towards health risks caused by the effects of climate change
Testing and demonstrating transformative solutions to build resilience towards health risks caused by the effects of climate change
Deadline: 20 September 2023
Project results are expected to contribute to all the following expected outcomes:
- Regions, local authorities and communities have been involved in development and testing of the whole range of transformative solutions that will help to mitigate the effect of climate change on health and human wellbeing, including making the public health sector more climate resilient and better prepared to mitigate the climate change related health challenges.
- Climate resilience solutions that protect human health have been developed, tested and made largely available.
That proposals should test and demonstrate solutions that address both the two aspects below:
- Improve prevention and policy-making by:
- Improved insights into short- and long-term health effects of climate-related stressors;
- Strengthening comprehensive and user-friendly epidemiological surveillance and modelling and forecasting tools;
- Development of better forecast, early-warning and early response systems and decision making models for health impacts of climate change;
- Development and health impact assessment of adaptation measures and monitoring of effectiveness of solutions to improve resilience.
- Improve preparedness of health systems by:
- Development of innovative solutions to reduce impact of climate change on human health and wellbeing;
- Preparing training curricula on health and climate change.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!